Mandatory KYC Compliance for Directors
Ministry of Corporate Affairs has introduced the new system of updating Annual KYC (Know Your Customer) for the directors having DIN. Prior to this update there was no such system to mandatorily update the KYC of directors. After this notification by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, DIR-3 eKYCform needs to be mandatorily submitted every year by all the directors to whom DIN have been allotted or whose DIN is in “Approved Status”. This whole process will eliminate inactive, idle and duplicate DIN in MCA21 system database.
For the last financial year ended 31st March 2018, DIR-3 eKYC form needs to be mandatorily submitted by 31st August 2018. By filing DIR-3 eKYC form the Director would have to provide a unique personal mobile number and personal email address which would both be verified with an OTP code.
All the directors falling under above criteria will have to file the DIR-3 eKYC form latest by 31stAugust 2018 failing which MCA21 system will mark all the approved DINs as “Deactivated” with reason as “Non filing of DIR-3 eKYC”. After the due date i.e. 31st August, 2018, to activate the DIN,DIR-3 eKYC form needs to be submitted along with payment of specified fee of Rs. 5,000/-. However if you file the form within due date, no fee has to be paid.
Who have to file DIR-3 eKYC form and its due date:
1. Every individual who has already been allotted a DIN (director identification number) as at 31stMarch, 2018 shall submit DIR-3 eKYC form on or before 31st August, 2018.
2. Every individual who has been allotted a DIN (Director Identification Number) as on 31st March of a financial year as per these rules shall, submit e-form DIR-3 KYC to the Central Government on or before 30th April of immediate next financial year.
3. Disqualified Director also required to submit KYC details
Consequence of non-filing DIR-3 KYC
1. The Central Government or Regional Director(Northern Region), or any officer authorised by the Central Government or Regional Director (Northern Region), shall deactivate the Director Identification Number with reason as “Non filing of DIR-3 eKYC form”
2. If not filed within the stipulated time the late fees will be Rs. 5,000/- (in delayed cases)